KITCHEN PLANNING GUIDES
- Cover doorways into other rooms with plastic.
- Pack everything that won’t be needed into boxes. This will keep things dust-free.
- Keep essential items handy: basic foods that can be microwaved, condiments, cereal, microwave-safe dishes and utensils, dishcloths, dishwashing soap, paper plates and cups, coffee, coffee pot and sugar/creamer, paper towels, napkins, and garbage bags.
- You will be without water in the kitchen for a short time. You may need to do dishes in another sink or the bathtub for awhile.
- Many contractors will wait until cabinets have arrived before tearing out your current cabinets. Be sure to clarify this point with your contractor.
- Set up the microwave and refrigerator in another area, along with a table for preparation.
- Stockpile restaurant coupons for the nights when you really want to eat out.
- Relax and rely on your kitchen designer. There will be a beautiful kitchen when all the dust is gone!!